While I’m not a nurse, sometimes I feel like I am when dealing with my kids. They are pretty healthy, but they do get colds and the flu, as well as bumps and bruises from playing outside like most kids do.
Normally I’ve used heating pads or cold packs for the kids, depending on what their condition is, but these options can be frustrating. Heating pads require the user to be near an outlet, and traditional ice packs can leak and don’t seem to stay cold for very long. Plus, none of these options are particularly kid-friendly or eco-friendly as they contain strange gels and chemicals.
Then my mother-in-law told me about Thermal-Aid, stuffed animals that double as hot/cold packs. What’s even better is that they are filled with all-natural corn, not leaky gels or odd chemicals. I bought a few for my family and have been really happy with them!
How Thermal-Aid Zoo Animals Work
While Thermal-Aid may look like a regular stuffed animal, inside is a patented, all-natural corn filling. The corn holds on to heat or cold for a longer time than traditional heat and ice packs, providing soothing relief for your kids. Unlike some hot/cold packs, Thermal-Aid is not filled with a chemical gel, which can leak and sometimes cause burns.
Using Thermal-Aid is simple: When your child has aches and pains, pop Thermal-Aid into the microwave to heat it up. When your child has a fever, bumps, bruises, or needs a cold pack, just put Thermal-Aid in the freezer for a while to chill and then use it like you would any ice-pack.
The best part about these in my opinion is that your kids will be more likely to want to use them since they are cute stuffed animals and not “boring” ice or heat packs.
What Characters Can You Choose From?
Pros & Cons
Like everything, Thermal-Aid has its pros and cons. But I really do think that any disadvantages of this product are greatly outweighed by the positives:
- When children don’t feel well or have an injury, they need comfort. A Thermal-Aid Zoo Animal will provide the comfort that a stuffed animal gives along with soothing heat or cooling.
- No need for ice or to be near an electrical outlet.
- The animals come in a full range of styles and species.
- The filling is safe and non-toxic and won’t leak out like gel fillings can. No dangerous chemicals, either.
- Quick and easy to heat in the microwave.
- Reduce household clutter with Thermal-Aid: One product does double duty as a stuffed animal and a cold/hot pack.
- The animals themselves are attractive, but fairly basic with no real bells or whistles.
- Thermal-Aids are relatively small, so may not be suitable for adult use.
Where to Buy
I got mine online, through the official website and I would recommend you buy yours there as well. You will get a money back guarantee, plus they throw in a free Zoo Animal if you cover the extra postage. I was able to get several Thermal-Aids for a great price this way, which is a good thing, as I like to keep some in the freezer (I store them in large plastic freezer bags.) for whenever the kids get hurt or have a fever.
Keeping Thermal-Aid Zoo Animals around the house is a no-brainer for me. The kids love them as cuddly stuffed animals, and they are a safe way to provide comfort and relief when the kids have fevers or soreness. They are also inexpensive and you can get 2 for the price of 1 at the moment which is a really good deal. Try them out – you won’t regret it.
If you haven’t seen the commercial yet, check it out below to learn more about this product: