Two kids, a husband and a dog means that my storage space is at a premium. Awhile back I bought an expensive set of plastic storage containers. I figured I could use them for leftovers, fruits and veggies, craft supplies and to pack the kid’s lunches.
This turned out to be a bad move.
The problem was that each container had its own lid and trying to match the containers with their lids was a nightmare. Even worse was trying to store the lids and containers: The lids were in one section of the cabinet, the containers in another and that took up a lot of space. Plus, I had to rifle through the stack of lids every time I wanted to use a container. I tried just putting the lids on their containers before I stored them, but that cost me a couple shelves of cabinet space.
Then one night I was surfing the net and couldn’t believe my eyes. I saw a set of plastic storage containers with attached lids. It was one of those “why hasn’t anybody thought of this before?” moments. I ordered a set of Mr. Lid containers, and I couldn’t be happier with them.
Click Here if you’re looking for the best deal on the Mr. Lids and you don’t wish to read the rest of this review.
How It Works
These sturdy, BPA-free plastic containers come with attached lids so you will never lose them. Once you fill a container, close the lid and make sure it is secure. That’s it. Your items are now sealed up in an airtight container. This helps keep your food fresh and prevents messy spills in your home (or lunchbox!). When you aren’t using your Mr. Lid containers, they stack very neatly in a cabinet or deep drawer and they don’t take up nearly as much space as traditional storage containers/lids do. They are also microwave-safe so you can store, cook, and eat your food all out of one container. This will save you lots of time on doing dishes since you don’t have to store the food in a separate dish than what you microwave and eat it from. Oh and did I mention they are dishwasher-safe too?
The current package of Mr. Lid containers comes with the following:
- Six 32 oz containers
- Six 16 oz containers
- Six 8 oz containers
- A bonus 48 oz Deluxe container that comes with a condiment container as well
All of this only costs $19.95 plus shipping and handling, so you are essentially only paying about $1 per container which is a great deal.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of Mr. Lid over other containers and storage systems are numerous:
- Mr. Lid’s containers have attached lids. You’ll never hunt for the right-sized lid ever again.
- The containers are airtight: They won’t spill if dropped and they can be safely stored in ice chests.
- They are easily stacked, reducing storage space.
- They are microwave safe, so they can do triple duty as storage containers, cooking containers and eating containers. Just pack a fork or spoon with lunch, and you are ready to go!
- Dishwasher safe and you won’t have to bother with matching containers to lids when putting them away.
- Mr. Lid is reusable and much better for the environment than plastic wrap or foil.
Still there are some drawbacks that you should be aware of:
- They only come in one color, so you can’t coordinate with your kitchen if that is something you like to do.
- They only come as a set, so you can’t just buy one or two Mr. Lid containers.
Where to Buy
I’m not sure whether Mr. Lid is sold in stores, but I’d recommend ordering from the same place I did: The official Mr. Lid website. Why? Because the website offers a money-back guarantee and special offers, like a 2-for-1 set of Mr. Lid containers. Just pay shipping for the free set and that’s it. I wanted to get as many of these containers as I could, so the website offer turned out to be a great deal and it’s the cheapest place I have seen them advertised.
If you own stuff, and who doesn’t, you need to get a set of Mr. Lid containers. They are handy for storing just about anything: Office supplies, craft items, food, household necessities, and so on. You can store any small item safely in a Mr. Lid. Plus, you’ll never lose the lids, ending frustration and keeping your items safe. I know you will be satisfied with your Mr. Lid purchase just like I was.
Here is the Mr. Lid commercial if you haven’t seen it yet. This should give you a more visual idea of what you’re getting: