As someone who loves to entertain, I find myself buying a lot of lemons. I love preparing foods with fresh lemon juice and lemon slices, and usually get raves for my grilled salmon that’s been covered with lemon slices during the grilling process. In addition, we drink iced tea by the gallon, and really love the way lemon slices add just a hint of refreshing flavor to each glass.
Our favorite type of lemon is the Meyer lemon, which is a bit sweeter it has a more intense flavor than ordinary lemons. They can get pricey, and I hate having to try to chase down these special lemons at local grocery stores. Fortunately, my husband recently surprised me with a gift of my very own Meyer Lemon Tree. Now I grow my own lemons and save time and money over having to go out to the supermarket every time a recipe calls for lemon.
What It Is
The Meyer lemon tree is just that, a tree that grows Meyer lemons. Many chefs, bartenders and foodies prize Meyer lemons for their incredibly sweet flavor and ability to brighten the quality of all kinds of foods and drinks. Lemon is an incredibly versatile fruit and can be added as an ingredient to both sweet and savory dishes. Mixologists also enjoy using Meyer lemons as a drink ingredient and using the rind as a decorative “twist” in both classic and modern cocktails.
Pros and Cons
Every product has its pros and cons, and Meyer Lemon Tree is no exception. Here are a few things to think about before making a purchase:
- You won’t have to worry about the quality of your lemons, because you are growing them yourself.
- Save money on inflated store prices, and the time and hassle of going to the store.
- Enjoy the flavor of incredibly fresh lemons at any time.
- Using fresh lemon juice helps you to avoid the preservatives used in bottled lemon juice.
- The tree is beautiful, grows indoors and out, and freshens your room with its fragrant blossoms.
- Like any plant, Meyer lemon tree requires ongoing care.
- Your tree will take time to blossom and grow fruit, so you’ll still have to buy your lemons at the store until it’s time to harvest the lemons you grow at home.
Where to Buy
The official website for Meyer Lemon Tree has a special offer going on right now. You can double your order (get 2 trees) for the cost of an extra processing and handling charge. It’s a good deal. You’ll also get a 30 day money back guarantee.
If you and your family enjoy the flavor of fresh lemon, you need to get one of these Meyer Lemon trees. Not only will the tree beautify your home, but you’ll save money and get to eat the freshest Meyer Lemons you’ve ever tasted. After all you’ve picked them yourself!