My older home is full of wood: Wood cabinets, floors and plenty of wood furniture. I love how warm and inviting it all looks, but until recently I was constantly doing battle with dust and grime. In fact, I was on the losing end of this battle. The more I waxed and sprayed the dirtier my house got. I finally got to the point where I considered giving up and getting carpet on the floors and fully upholstered chairs and couches!
Fortunately, I never had to resort to that. My mom gave me a bottle of Dutch Glow to use on my wood floors and furniture. It worked completely differently than what I was used to, and I couldn’t believe how great my house looked. Even better, my home stays a lot cleaner.
How Dutch Glow Works
I learned an odd secret when I first tried Dutch Glow. It seems that a lot of furniture waxes actually dull wood and leave a sticky residue that attracts dust and dirt. Dutch Glow is different. It’s a polish that gently cleans wood while also protecting it. The shine that you see after using Dutch Glow is simply the beauty of the wood itself.
Keep in mind that Dutch Glow isn’t a “miracle” product. It has its pros and cons. Here are a few things to think about:
- No wax or silicone that can leave behind a residue and attract dirt.
- Polishes wood to its original shine.
- Effectively, yet gently, cleans grease, dust and dirt from wood.
- No abrasives that could damage your wood floors, cabinets and furniture.
- Spray bottle allows you to conveniently clean small items and apply Dutch Glow just where you need it.
- Dutch Glow won’t repair scratches or damage caused by abrasive cleaning.
- This product is designed for wood, so you’ll need to get separate cleaners for other surfaces.
Where to Get Dutch Glow
The official Dutch Glow website has a good deal: You’ll get a bonus bottle of Dutch Glow, with a special top for applying the product to floors, plus a polishing cloth, for the cost of shipping. I’m not sure whether you can buy this product in stores right now, so the website is probably the best place to shop.
If you want to effectively clean and protect your wood floors and furniture, check out Dutch Glow. It’s a convenient, inexpensive way to keep your house looking great.